Dr Ioannis Papakostas is doubly qualified both in Medicine and Dentistry; he has been trained in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery as well as in Dental Implantology.
- He graduated from the 1st High School of Farsala, Greece in 1987, grade characterized as "Excellent".
- He was registered to the Dental Faculty through national examinations and graduated from the Dental School of Aristotle University of Thessaloniki in 1995, grade characterized as "Very good".
- He was registered to the Medical Faculty in 1998 through qualifying examinations and graduated from the Medical School of Larissa, Thessaly University in 2004, grade characterized as "Very good".
- He has been trained as a Resident Senior House Officer in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery in London for two years at Northwick Park Hospital, King’s College Hospital and Guy’s Hospital. These full-time salaried doctors’ positions with additional on-call hours are recognized by the Royal College of Surgeons in England as educationally approved postgraduate training posts that meet the requirements laid down in the European Unions Instruction Directive for Specialist Training (from August 2006 to August 2008).
- He has been trained in Dental Implantology and has been certified by the General Implant Forum and Training Foundation for completion of the one -year course in Principals of implant dentistry, treatment planning and diagnosis in the provision of dental implants (2006-2007).
- He was awarded the Membership Diploma of The Royal College of Surgeons of England's Joint Dental Faculties (MJDF RCS England), encompassing the Faculty of General Dental Practice and the Faculty of Dental Surgery UK, in 2015, after having successfully passed the MJDF examinations, both Part 1 and Part 2.
- He has successfully completed the ATLS Course (Advanced Trauma Live Support), held in February 2010, February 2014 and May 2019 in Larissa; co-organized by the American College of Surgeons and the Department of Surgery of the Larissa University Hospital.
- He has successfully completed the ALS Course (Advanced Life Support) of the European Resuscitation Council, held in September 2011 and November 2019 in Thessaloniki, Greece.
- He attended the postgraduate programme on Radiation Protection, Radiology techniques and Diagnostic Radiology at the Dental School of Thessaloniki, Aristotle University (December 2010).
- He is registered with the Continued Professional Development Programme that meets the educational criteria required for verifiable CPD under the General Dental Council (GDC) Lifelong Learning scheme, by participating in numerous activities as well as seminars, congresses and courses held both in Greece and abroad.
- He has been practicing dentistry at his private infirmary in Kavala since January 2009, providing mainly specialized services in the fields of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Oral Medicine and Dental Implantology.
- Registered with the General Dental Council; GDC registration number: 100647.
- Registered with the General Medical Council; GMC registration number: 6138056.
- Membership of The Joint Dental Faculties RCSE; MJDF membership number: 1039282.
- Registered with the Dental XP Continuing Education Community.
- He has participated in many activities of the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Department of the Larissa University Hospital, Greece (from 2000 to 2005).
- He practiced dentistry as a soldier - dentist during his compulsory military service, at the Kastoria Military Dental Surgery, Greece (from 1995 to 1997).
- He practiced dentistry as the Principal Dental Surgeon at his Private Dental Surgery at Farsala, Greece (from 1997 to 2005).
- He practiced dentistry as an Associate Dental Surgeon at the Rochester Crown Court Dental Anaesthetic Clinic UK (from December 2005 to July 2006).
View the embedded image gallery online at: